I was an editor at LinkedIn from 2012 to 2020, starting as a temp curator and rising to be right hand to the editor-in-chief, in charge of our international expansion.
I joined the platform very early and was instrumental in building its editorial vision, particularly in developing its reach beyond the US and the English language. I built and lead our team of 30+ international editors around the globe, developing an expertise in management, editorial strategy, international growth and product thinking. But for years I also wrote a daily round-up of top business headlines, with just enough back-of-the-envelope analysis to make it fun, and the occasional column. See them all here.
- Daniel Roth, VP and editor-in-chief, LinkedIn
A few navel-gazing essays about my time there:
- American is not a default setting (or how to build truly global products)
- Landed a global job? These tried and tested strategies will help you thrive.
- Thank you for the dance
- Why I killed my own job
- This is what I'd like to tell young journalists
Some stories and interviews
- 20 Big Ideas that will change your world in 2020
- Silicon Valley swank is out. Meet the tech CEO who champions humility and goofiness.
- "What are the fewest things you can do?" How Etsy found success in single-minded focus
- Can a fossil fuel company really take on climate change? This is how one is trying.
- The antidote to an anxious age
- 50 Big Ideas for 2019: What to watch in the year ahead
- Borders are closing. This article is for those of us who won't stay put.
- Nick Kristof, Somaly Mam and the Perils of Storytelling
Coverage of my work at LinkedIn
Over the years, I had the opportunity to both appear in media as a LinkedIn journalist and to discuss our work building a newsroom inside a tech company. Some highlights…
- The most in-demand employers in the UK and Europe, CNBC [April 2019]
- LinkedIn brings back human editors, Wired [June 2015]
- Inside the LinkedIn Newsroom, Global Editors Network [January 2019]
- Why LinkedIn wants to make original journalism, The Drum [June 2018]
- LinkedIn muscle son journalisme taillé sur mesure, Les Echos [August 2018]
- Recrutement: la force de persuasion, la qualité à ajouter sur son CV, France Info [February 2019]