I speak regularly – and deeply enjoy it – at conferences and in media. I am media-trained to speak on behalf of my employer and have experience with live TV interviews, radio, podcasts and large stages. A non-exhaustive list below.
Talk to me about speaking at your event or coming on your podcast. I'd love to.
- Talking about a LinkedIn project I edited live on CNBC
- Speaking to Amanda Litherland about my project Borderline on the Podcast Radio Hour, BBC Radio 4 Extra
- On stage at the 2023 Rotary International Convention in Melbourne, Australia
- I'm at the International Journalism Festival in Perugia religiously every year. Here's one of many panels I've been on there.
- Talking media industry diversity on the Baekdal / Plus podcast with Thomas Baekdal
- Talking about entrepreneurialism and indie media on the Journalism.co.uk podcast with Jacob Granger
- Talking entrepreneurialism again with Federica Cherubini for the wonderful and dearly missed Hacks/Hackers gathering
- How to Build a Village with Jill Martin Wren
- Freelance Pod with Suchandrika Chakrabarti
Press about my work
- The Guardian: Substack: how the game-changer turned poacher
- Journalism.co.uk: Six tips for independent journalists before deciding to go solo
- Nieman Storyboard: How a top LinkedIn journalist quit with no what’s-next ideas, then woke up to a big one
- Wired: LinkedIn Brings Back Human Editors to Tailor News to You
- The Drum: Why LinkedIn wants to make original journalism